Redaction Politics is always on the look out for fresh voices in political writing and journalism.
We are open to taking pitches from writers of all ranges of experience, or even none at all.
Redaction is looking for exclusive news features, interviews and opinion articles on world politics. We also take reviews of relevant books, films and music. We are not looking for straight news reports (with the exception of exclusives).
We are also open to ideas for episodes of our podcast.
As our publication is still in the early stages of expansion, unfortunately we are currently unable to pay for submissions and can only take articles on a voluntary basis. However, we aim to change this in the near future.
Encourage your friends to support us on Patreon. The sooner we get more support, the sooner we can start to pay.
For journalism students and those seeking work experience, we can offer feedback on request.
- Take a look at our site to make sure what you are pitching is the kind of content we would publish.
- In roughly four or five sentences, tell us exactly what your story would entail and whom you would interview. If you have already secured an interview, even better.
- If your story is time sensitive, please state this in the subject line of your email.
- Tell us a bit about yourself. Include a one or two line bio and a link to samples of your previous work. If this would be your first time writing a journalistic article, please specify this.
- Please do not send completed articles – our editors will want to collaborate with you on the nature of the story before you put pen to paper.
Please be aware – we may edit any submissions sent to us in accordance with our editorial policies.
We also maintain the right to remove any published articles from the site at a later date.
Pitches should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org