Redaction Report is always on the look out for fresh voices in political writing and journalism.
We are open to taking pitches from writers of all ranges of experience, or even none at all.
Redaction Report is looking for exclusive news features, interviews and opinion articles on world politics. We also take reviews of relevant books, films and music. We are not looking for straight news reports (with the exception of exclusives).
We are also open to pitches for segments of our monthly YouTube show.
As our publication is still in the early stages of expansion, unfortunately we are currently unable to pay for submissions and can only take articles on a voluntary basis. However, we aim to change this in the near future.
Encourage your friends to support us on Patreon. The sooner we get more support, the sooner we can start to pay.
For journalism students and those seeking work experience, we can offer feedback on request.
- Take a look at our site to make sure what you are pitching is the kind of content we would publish.
- In roughly four or five sentences, tell us exactly what your story would entail and whom you would interview. If you have already secured an interview, even better.
- If your story is time sensitive, please state this in the subject line of your email.
- Tell us a bit about yourself. Include a one or two line bio and a link to samples of your previous work. If this would be your first time writing a journalistic article, please specify this.
- Please do not send completed articles – our editors will want to collaborate with you on the nature of the story before you put pen to paper.
Please be aware – we may edit any submissions sent to us in accordance with our editorial policies.
Pitches should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our editors operate Redaction Report on a voluntary basis and all hold down day jobs. Please do not be offended if we take some time to respond to your pitch. If you have not heard back from us within 10 days, you can assume your pitch has been unsuccessful. However, do not be deterred – we will still assess any future ideas you might have on their own merits if you wish to pitch again.